Thank you Day-Saver for supporting our fundraising endeavors!!
See below for previous Save the Day projects…
2017 Relay to Help the Filina Family Fight Cancer
2016 Run for Rahab
Thank you for helping support our annual Akron Marathon Relay Run! We’re proud to support a great organization like Rahab Ministries.
2016 Ricky Miller Family Fundraiser
Thank you for helping support the Ricky Miller Family! With your help, over $20,000 was raised for the Miller fam.
To read updates from the Miller’s check out musingswiththemillers.blogspot.com.
2015 Relay for the Burns Family
Thank you for helping support the Burns Family! With your help, $2,200 was raised for the Burns fam.
2014 Relay for David, aka “Save the Dave!
A Big Thanks to all who gave to support Dave and his family! Together, through the relay event, we raised over $6,000 to help out.
Run for Rahab 2014
Thank you for helping Run for Rahab!! This was our 3rd time attempting to do something small to help our the awesome work of Rahab-Ministries in Akron, Ohio. 2 teams of Runners and many many donors contributed to raise over $1,200 for Rahab!
Thank you Day-Savers! Stay tuned for future Rahab benefit projects. You can always donate to Rahab directly at: www.rahab-ministries.org
Run for Wes!
“2 and a 1/2 Year old Wes is a happy, smiley boy who is determined to make the best of life. He and his family are battling medical expenses as they search for answers to his undiagnosed developmental disorder. He’s learning to walk in his gait trainer and is using a mobile stander to help strengthen his legs. He’s non verbal and will be getting a communication device as well as speech therapy to learn to communicate. We are not sure what the future holds for Wes but we are certain that God will use him in big ways!”
Thank you Day-Savers! And even though the race is over, it’s not too late to help out. You can still donate to Wes and family through this page: www.savetheday.us/wes
Countdown to Christmas ADVENTure
In celebration of the 2013 Christmas season, we launched a countdown to Christmas ADVENTure and explored ways to keep the focus on what matters most. The ADVENTure included encouragement to reflect on what Christmas really means and ways to give to others through Rahab Ministries, Compassion International, the Salvation Army, Feed My Starving Children, Samaritan’s purse, song lyrics, nursing homes, and even a Christmas Quiz! Check out the ADVENTure here.
Thank you for sharing ideas, reflecting on the meaning of Christmas, and helping raise funds through our online Salvation Army Red kettle!
Relay Runnin’ for Rahab 2013
Help Rahab Ministries open the 1st Safe House for human trafficking victims in Ohio…
Thank you for helping Rahab Ministries fight Human Trafficking!!
- On September 28th 2013, Two Save the Day Relay Teams completed Akron Marathon Team Relay, the largest Marathon Relay in the Country!
- Rahab Ministries is a great organization that is making a real stand against the atrocity of Human Trafficking… more info on this great organization here.
Helping the Kapsars Fight Cancer
On April 17th,2013, the Kapsar family got some devastating news… Josh, husband to Erin and father to 3 boys, had cancer, Synovial Sarcoma…
Thank you for helping the Kapsar Family fight Cancer!!
- On September 2nd 2013, Eleven Team Save the Day Runners completed the Labor Day 5K in Seville Ohio on behalf of the Kapsar Family. Thank you for sponsoring the team and contributing to the cause! 100% of the over $1,000 raised goes straight to the Kapsar Family.
On May 22, 2015 Josh joined with those in Paradise at the age of 37, after a 2 year battle with synovial sarcoma. Please keep the Kapsar family your prayers.
- Nearly half of all Men (44.8%) will develop some form of cancer in their lifetime, according to the American Cancer Society (www.cancer.org).
- For women, its a 38.2% chance of developing some form of cancer in their lifetime.
- Cancer is the general name for a group of more than 100 diseases in which cells in part of the body begin to grow out of control. Although there are many kinds of cancer, they all start because abnormal cells grow out of control.
The Lizard Run for Rahab
Human trafficking is the fastest-growing criminal industry in the world…
Thank you for helping Rahab Ministries fight Human Trafficking in the first ever Save the Day Event!!
- On July 20th 2013, three Team Save the Day Runners completed the 4-mile Shot in the Dark Winking Lizard run in Cleveland. Thank you for sponsoring the team and contributing to the cause! 100% of the funds raised go straight to the great charitable work that Rahab does. Save the Day Foundation is funded by the volunteer efforts of our directors and volunteer team, including processing fees, so we offer fully free fundraising to our charitable partners.
RAHAB is a non-profit Christian ministry of volunteers devoted to rescuing and restoring women who are trafficked into prostitution. They are a registered 501(c)3 Charitable organization. Click here to learn more about Rahab.
- The average age of entry into commercial sex slavery in the United States is 13 years old.
- A child is trafficked every 30 seconds.
- Human trafficking occurs in 161 out of 192 countries.
- Human trafficking — sexual, domestic, industrial and agricultural — is a $32 billion per year industry.
Rahab Ministries is working hard to change these heart breaking statistics….
THANK YOU FOR HELPING SAVE THE DAY!